Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy new year

On Sunday I drove eight hours from my apartment in Boise to interview for a job in Sandpoint, ID. The interview took place on Monday morning, and on Monday afternoon I drove five hours back towards Boise. Then this happened.



I spent Tuesday and Wednesday wandering around La Grande, OR, waiting for a Greyhound that would take me (sans car, which is now probably gone forever) back to Boise.

And today I found out I didn't get the job.

So how was your week?

4 comments:

Skeptic Seeker said...

Holy shit. What a terrible way to start the year! I hope it will be only up from here.

What happened? Deer, or another vehicle, or ?

Salieri said...

It was either "stay behind the semi and get sprayed with slush" or "pass and risk hitting a patch of ice," and I made the wrong call. Hit the ice and hit the median barrier.

Skeptic Seeker said...

Yuck - a hard call to make. I'm glad you're ok.

Ose said...

Try to keep the shiny side up. Stay well, buddy.