Monday, February 23, 2009

What is James Earl Ray's major malfunction?

“Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

I know this quote is supposed to inspire me in a no-man-is-an-island, one-world, feed-the-children, let's-pitch-in-'n-get-cracking-here-in-Louisiana-doing-right-eh sort of way, but it strikes me as more of the universal equivalent of boot camp: whenever Private Pyle fucks up, the rest of us are doing push-ups.

It does, however, allow me to deflect criticism away from myself. From now on, if anybody asks why I'm unemployed, I'll use the "interrelated structure of reality" to blame it on some thirty-eight-year-old in Winnipeg with a fedora and a dragon shirt who got canned from Gamestop after unleashing a tirade of curses on a kid who beat him at Super Smash Bros. Melee. Or possibly on Raul Mondesi.

No comments: