Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wikipedantry

Someone on Something Awful once referred to Wikipedia as "the MMORPG where you pretend to be an encyclopedia editor." And while it is a valuable resource, the people who bring it to you are totally pathetic.

Case in point: the article for Miss Viola Swamp has page citations, in MLA style.

Furthermore, I would like to draw your attention to the page with photos of contributors. Now, I admit, I am so ugly that when I was born, the doctor slapped my mama. But when some of these people were born, the doctors ran screaming to the nearest religious orders, where they spent the rest of their lives in self-flagellation to atone for the unthinkable sin of letting loose such creatures upon the earth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Witry, thought you would appreciate this:

http://www.captureelpaso.com/photo/162855

My best fried went looking around and finally found this out in the middle of nowhere.