Monday, October 1, 2007

!

A bunch of nobodies recently called up from Triple-A just launched a thirteenth-inning rally against baseball's all-time leading saves leader and capped it with a play at the plate - in which the runner never actually touched the plate, but was counted safe anyway.

Now I can't decide whether to jump on the Rockies' improbable bandwagon, or pull for the Phillies. (It would be fine symmetry for them to get their second World Series win in the same season as they became the first sports franchise to get their 10,000th loss.)

No, I won't be cheering for the Cubs. A Cubs World Series win would upset the natural order of things. If the deck of Fate is stacked against them, I can continue to believe that the deck of Fate is stacked against me, too. I'd lose my excuse.

No comments: