Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Salieri Composes!

Most of you are aware that despite my pseudonym, I am not a musician. The extent of my musical experience was a lamentable attempt to play the clarinet during elementary school, and I took to it with my usual motto in mind, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it." (Stolen from W. C. Fields, possibly.) So the last thing any of you would want to hear would be "I wrote a song."

Well, I didn't write a song. But I had a lot of free time and I mucked around with GarageBand and used what the kids call "sampling" to put together this little number.



As usual, I found myself with an idea and without the skill to implement it properly. I am aware that this piece sucks and I shouldn't have saved it - in fact, I probably should have deleted GarageBand lest I be tempted to play Icarus again, soaring towards the sun of well-rounded adulthood only to plunge to my death on the rocks of not being much good at anything (including extended metaphors). But I thought maybe one of the ten or so people who read this blog would find it a useful waste of two minutes.

No comments: